Saturday, January 29, 2011

BENEATH

White--snow.  Blue--bag containing my newspaper. From a week ago.

I'm getting tired of digging my newspaper from beneath each day's new snow.  And those of my elderly neighbor ladies who can't risk a fall to go pawing around the grass for their morning paper. This paper disappeared entirely until we had a melt.

Now here's a thought, MAYBE if the paper landed somewhere other than the most distant edge of the lawn or between the parked cars, maybe I would have a better chance of finding it before it's covered in snow.  And road muck.  I'm thinking the sidewalk would be nice.  The one leading right up to the door.  The mat in front of the door would be better.

Since phoning and emailing the newspaper office hasn't worked, I'm hoping a picture is worth a thousand words.  One posted on a blog then sent via email might be even better.

9 comments:

Bobbi Dunn said...

We are lucky. The paper delivery guy brings (not throws) the paper to the door. I was so surprised. That reminds me we forgot to give him a holiday tip. Nice that you help out the little old ladies in your neighborhood. That's community.

Anonymous said...

That's so frustrating! Hope your image helps with the aim on delivery...

Anonymous said...

Ha! Nice photo. MAYBE no tip is in order :-) I think your approach might get responses - or tell them you're only paying for papers which land within a reasonable distance from your door. Money talks!

Chesney said...

Nice and simple...I really like this!

Lois said...

Snow and road muck on a newspaper do not make for a good reading experience. I prefer my news via the computer these days.

~Val said...

Sorry your carrier is such a dingaling. Maybe you could send the photo not only to the supervisor of carriers, but to the Life section editor of your paper...hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Your photo exemplifies the trials and tribulations of winter! Two colors (counting white this time as a color) and the frustrations associated with it!

BobbieCoughlin said...

Are you able to find your mailbox? I've noticed some around here that are buried!

Anonymous said...

Am glad our paper is mailed. It may be a day late but it usually is in great shape AND we get it.