Saturday, February 12, 2011

LENS COMBO INFORMATION

A couple of folks asked about the lens combo I've been playing with in recent photos.  It's an eBay bargain of under $30 with shipping for a 3 piece set of screw on lenses.  A 2.2 teleconverter that I haven't had much luck with in the playing around period but haven't really spent much time exploring.  The fun set has been a screw on macro lens combined with a .43x wide angle which creates an effect similar to the Lensbaby.  I've been using them with an 18-105 Nikkor VR lens.  They will work with the camera on Auto but work better doing things manually.  The focus really does need to be done manually though. They don't seem to work successfully with my 300 but I haven't given them much time with it either. They're Japanese made by Neewer and a fun exploration for not much money.

2 comments:

regularman said...

Thanks Lorri!

Julie McLeod said...

Yes, thanks! I guess your focus point is always in the center of the frame? This is just really neat. Even though I have a Lensbaby, I think this might be worth exploring too.