Sunday, July 10, 2011

AND THE SIGN SAYS...

If you read carefully between the lines it says "We're putting up some high priced housing where your park used to be located. The lofts will gradually force up rents throughout a neighborhood of people who are already living on the street and in tenements they can't afford..."
If they're going to take away someone's bed park bench, they should have to replace it with reasonable shelter. In a neighborhood of so many homeless and so many living in unsafe housing, "urban lofts" are a crime.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the other sign says rent a fence, but for you and me, they have Rent Offence.

Chesney said...

I'm with you....and unfortunately that is happening everywhere!

regularman said...

Not to bring up still another sore subject, but isn't 3% down and no PMI what got us into this mess in the first place??

Lorri said...

Great point, Bill!

I'll add that one to the sign I'm considering tacking up alongside theirs!

Gisele said...

watching NYC over the past few decades, I've been watching the homeless and lower-income people getting kicked out from neighborhood after neighborhood. It's not only sad because I don't know where they went and certainly it's getting worse for them after they're displaced, but it's also making the city look like Disneyland.

Jacki said...

Very sad that they can let this happen.
I have just watched your banner go through its paces for the first time, incredible and very clever, has it been doing that for very long?

~Val said...

Agreed, Bill!

Lois said...

So very true and I second Bill comment.

BobbieCoughlin said...

I must say that all those warnings make this look like a threatening and unwelcoming place...certainly not good karma.

Kim2900 said...

What an outrage!