Friday, July 15, 2011

FROM MY PAST

My father has always been a car guy.  Everyone else I knew had a 'normal' car but I grew up polishing fenders and cleaning white wall tires just like these. And then suffering through the pre-teen agony of having to ride in the cars, scrunched down as far as possible in the seat hoping no one I knew would see me.
Funny how a viewpoint changes with time. I'm thinking a stylish ride like this one parked in downtown Dayton would be the way to tour the city.  I wish I had brought my big sun hat.

8 comments:

Christina, Sweden said...

Wonderful and very stylish.Recently we had an european rally with old cars passing by. Lots of great old cars, one of them was shipped all the way from New Zealand to participate

Anonymous said...

Scrumptuous.

Chesney said...

Now that would be traveling in style...it is funny how our perspective on things change as we get older!

Gisele said...

Yes, it's amazing how perspective changes. That car is beautiful and obviously owned by somebody who loves it.

Anonymous said...

It is funny that with each passing year the things from our past take on a new appreciation. I just may go find an avocado refrigerator!

regularman said...

Big sun hat and a big checkbook. That's a thing of beauty!

Jacki said...

This is one for taking out on sunny Sundays, nice lines indeed.

Lois said...

A large sun hat and a flowing red scarf would be perfect attire for the elegant auto.